If you are a chocolate lover as I am, you will love these moist delicious chocolate cupcakes.
Coconut Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut milk room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut milk may substitute regular milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut for sprinkling on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine coconut milk and lemon juice in a large measuring glass and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, oil, and sugar until ingredients are well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually alternate adding coconut milk/lemon juice mixture and flour mixture until all ingredients are combined (TAKE CARE NOT TO OVER-MIX!).
- Evenly divide cupcake batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake on 350F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before covering with frosting.
The chocolate cupcakes are made with Oreo crumbs to give that deep chocolate taste.
Hershey’s Chocolate cupcakes with creamy chocolate buttercream
This has become a popular request for little girl’s birthday parties. This one is made with red velvet cupcakes and pink butter cream cheese frosting.
These are pictures of how I made a cupcake basket. The strawberry cupcakes smelled wonderful.
These are a delightful and delicious treat for a baby shower. The cupcakes are red velvet, Key Lime and strawberry. I made the fins by melting vanilla wafers and putting it into a mermaid fin mold. I used edible color spray and glitter to add additional colors.
Coconut cupakes are a decedent treat for coconut lovers. These cupcakes are make with coconut in the cake and in the frosting.
This basket has red velvet and chocolate cupcakes. The toppers on the chocolate cupcakes were made using the Russian piping tips I purchased from Amazon after seeing them on Pinterest and YouTube. The hardest part is getting the frosting to the right consistency. Once that is achieved, the piping isn’t hard at all. I am still working to mastering the different types of flowers.
This was my 1st time using ganache to frost cupcakes. I made the ganache using chopped semi sweet chocolate, mini chocolate chips and almond coffee creamer. After I poured the almond creamer I realized it was not thick enough so I added some caramel macchiato creamer which was thicker. The recipe called for heavy cream but I did not have any. I like how easy it is to dip the tops of the cupcakes to frost them. I will get the heavy cream next time when I make ganache because mine did not firm up as I think it should have. Overall I liked it.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
Pllace cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 5 minutes.
Add butter and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly before using.
Gooey, moist and delicious is the best way to describe these cupcakes. The cupcakes are loaded with freshly peeled apples. I used gala and Granny Smith apples to give a nice mix of sweet and tart apple flavor. The caramel sauce is made of melted caramel candies, milk and butter. I filled the center of the cupcakes with some of the caramel sauce. The frosting is caramel cream cheese frosting topped with caramel sauce and a caramel candy piece.
These cupcakes were requested for a birthday gift. I was hesitant to make them because I make all my cupcakes from scratch but the coconut pecan frosting I used on these is store bought. It’s too much work to make the frosting and the store bought tastes great. The cupcakes and chocolate frosting is made from scratch.
Baking with Strawberries is a great way to celebrate summer. I made this strawberry cupcake basket for a Birthday party centerpiece.
A friend of mine sent a picture of a cupcake shoe to me over a year ago and I had told her I would make it one day. Well today I made one. The cake is marble with pink and purple buttercream frosting. The shoe is made with a red velvet cupcake. I used a graham cracker and smoothed white chocolate on it for the sole of the shoe. The heel is made with a sugar cone dipped in white chocolate.
This snicker bar cupcake was made using the left over halloween candy. I baked some chocolate cupcakes, then cored the center making sure to reserve the top to place over the filling. I filled each cupcake with a mixture of chopped snickers and caramel topping sauce.
I then made a caramel frosting and piped on the frosting and topped each cup with a small piece of snicker candy bar.
After looking at a picture of the cupcakes, I thought they looked boring. I decided to drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup on them.