A sweet 16 party was the perfect time for me to make my 1st tiered cake. I made the buttercream flowers in advance and froze them until it was time to decorate the cake.
I always forget to get a picture after the cake is cut. So you will have to take my word for it that it’s red velvet. The guest questioned me a few times as to whether I really made the cake. I didn’t know if I should be flattered or offended. 🙃
Coconut Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut milk room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut milk may substitute regular milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut for sprinkling on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine coconut milk and lemon juice in a large measuring glass and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, oil, and sugar until ingredients are well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually alternate adding coconut milk/lemon juice mixture and flour mixture until all ingredients are combined (TAKE CARE NOT TO OVER-MIX!).
- Evenly divide cupcake batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake on 350F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before covering with frosting.
I have had this recipe for over 20 years. At one time in my life I baked them every year for Christmas gifts. After I started baking cupcakes, I strayed away from cookies and focused on cupcakes. I choose macadamia nuts for this batch. They came out perfectly.
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
Add 2 Eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well
Mix Together in a small Bowl
2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 Cups Oatmeal (Put in a food processor until it turns to a powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Mix all ingredients together, then add
12 oz bag of chocolate chips
4 oz grated Hershey Bar
1 1/2 cups of chopped nuts
Refrigerate for min 1hr.
Preheat oven to 375, line cookie pan with parchment paper
Place golf ball sized amounts 2 inches apart
Bake for 6 – 7 minutes
I found this recipe on the Yummly App. These cookies were easy to make. They are soft and chewy. Probably the best I have ever made.
½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ c.+ 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1¼ c. old fashioned oats
¼ c. quick rolled oats
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cinnamon
⅛ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. raisins
¼ c. chopped nuts (optional)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl add the raisins along with ¼ c. of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds then allow to sit covered until needed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugars and vanilla extract for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg then mix until combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine. With mixing speed on low, gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until no flour pockets remain. Remove bowl from stand and fold in raisins (drain any excess moisture from the bowl before adding them). Cover the bowl and place in the dough in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, set aside.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, place balls of chilled dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown in color. The centers should look slightly underbaked, they will firm up once cooled. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheets for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
The chocolate cupcakes are made with Oreo crumbs to give that deep chocolate taste.
A red velvet birthday cake to celebrate birthdays in the month of February.